Pre- holidays fatigue has taken us over and this is our last post for 2011. Looking forward to start 2012 with new blog posts and an improved version of the ApexNinjas blogging plaform (thanks for the awesome feedback Jari and Trent!).
This is 2011 in facts and numbers:
– launched www.apexninjas.com
– published 67 APEX-related articles
– received some 180 comments
– developed and released ALGEN – Apex Layout Generator, an APEX tool that allows you to create XSL-FO report layouts: free of charge + sources
– developed and released ApexNinjas blogging platform: free of charge + sources
– participated as a presenter (APEX Printing Techniques) at OUGUK APEX SIG Meeting – London, November the 3rd.
Happy Holidays everyone and have a wonderful New Year!
The ApexNinjas team
I’ve been promising the release of the new version of our ApexNinjas Blog Platform that is running www.apexninjas.com. You can read the initial release notes on the Blog Plaform page. You can download and install it with no costs or hidden agendas.
Soon, we will update the release notes with detailed information about security and CSS customization. Just as a peak preview, the application was tested for security leaks using Recx ApexSec tool and respects all the best practices involved in developing APEX applications. It also has a simple role-based access mechanism, making some pages and features available only for administrator users and separating the data between regular users.
Also, we spent an important amount of time making the platform configurable, so you can customize the sidebar widgets, article bars, CSS layouts and so on. We will get back with instructions on how to work with the Administration Panel soon.
Meanwhile, download it, install it, enjoy it and please, send us some feedback!
Blog Platform download page.